Friday, August 22, 2008

Picky Eater

Quincy's still not eating as heartily as we would like.

But at least I'm not having to force feed him.

If I just leave the kibbles in his dish,
he might eat about 25% of what he needs to keep his weight steady.


But if I sit with him and offer the kibbles in my hand,
he shows a little interest. At first, just a sniff.

Then, a tentative nibble of one morsel - after which it's dropped on the floor.
(What, that one's not good enough?)

If I'm patient, he will start nosing into my hand and eating the kibbles.
I have to remind myself
if this is what it takes to get him back to a normal appetite,
I might as well enjoy it.


So I try to appreciate the feel of his nuzzling and the sight of his sweet face.


This attitude only works if I'm not late for an appointment.

1 comment:

  1. I remember doing this with my old Hamilton.
    Be well, Quincy, we are thinking of you. Sebastian (who is now 3 and would happily hep you eat the kibble)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you!