Sunday, April 5, 2009

Spring Shower

You know:
the kind where you get together with family and friends
to celebrate an upcoming wedding.


My nephew Jim is getting married in May,
and there was a shower yesterday for his fiancee Elizabeth.


Elizabeth has gotten the flower arranging bug,
so I put together a flower arranging "kit" for her shower gift:

My absolute favorite book, that includes
an excellent listing of flowers
(with common names and Latin names)
that are good for cutting and how to condition them.
Sadly it is out of print and has been for some time,
but I was able to find a gently used copy online.


I also included a variety of containers for her flowers,
a box of glass marbles for floral stability,
and a gift certificate to a shop near their soon-to-be new place
where she can buy cut flowers.

The shower was really wonderful -
the table beautifully decorated, the food delicious and creative
(and I forgot to get my camera out until after lunch was over),
and a convivial group of women to help celebrate the event.

My beautiful and wonderful mom.


We are all excited about the wedding.
Elizabeth is a wonderful young woman,
and we are so lucky to have her joining our family.

Elizabeth with her little sister Katherine
whose assignment was to put together the ribbon bouquet
from all the packages.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you!