Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Out of order


I started the dishwasher last night and headed up to bed.

A few minutes later I came back downstairs
and stepped in a big puddle of water. Argh!

So I stopped the dishwasher and then noticed
a very faint odor of burning.
Double Argh!

After mopping up the water,
I went to bed.

This morning, my first task was to empty the dishwasher of all the dirty dishes
(it couldn't have broken at the end of the cycle?) and wash them.
It's been a long time since I've washed that many dishes all at once.

After I got to work this morning, my boss called to say
his vehicle had broken down last night on the expressway.

In rush hour traffic.

In a construction zone.

Which caused a five mile back-up.

Now I don't feel so bad about my dishwasher.
At least I didn't have a five mile back-up of dirty dishes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you!