Thursday, October 27, 2011

Flowers for Carlie

Chrysanthemum koreanum ‘Sheffield Pink’, aka Dendranthema morifolium*
Feverfew - Chrysanthemum parthenium
Perovskia atriplicifolia, Russian sage


Today is my sister Carlie's birthday.

I'm in the midst of family visitors,
so her card will arrive late.

I'm so lucky to have her for my sister.
She is smart, funny, kind, tolerant, beautiful,
and oh-so-talented.

Love you, Car.

*Dug up from my neighbor’s garden last fall, planted in mine,
then totally forgotten until 2 weeks ago when the first blooms opened.
They are a beautiful apricot pink and, if they do as well for me as when in my neighbor’s garden,
should bloom through the first frosts.

I'm so happy with these.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Thank you so much!! This is the best card. I'm so lucky to have you as my sister. I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that you are both blessed.
    Is it not so?
    Happy Birthday to your sister.
    Blessings to you. Yes, and yes and yes!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you!