Thursday, February 14, 2013

My Valentines

In 2008 I wrote about the first Valentine I got from Gerrit, 
20 years earlier.

And this year is my first Valentine's Day without him.
It's harder than I expected.

Oscar doesn't realize it, but he's my Valentine.


And last night, after I got home from picking up Oscar 
at my parents' house
where I had left him while I was at church,
I found this waiting for me in my in-box.
 

My wonderful dad, my not-so-secret admirer,
makes the cards he and my mom give for birthdays
and other special occasions.

I wouldn't be surprised if everyone in the family got this image.
Which doesn't take one iota of love away from this one.

7 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How very sweet of your dad. And Oscar makes a splendid furry Valentine.

    Wishing you as happy a day as is possible.

    (From a not-so-secret admirer) :)

    P.S. Previous comment deleted due to shocking spelling error.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mrs. M., and a Happy Day to you and Mr. M.

      P.S. Thanks for shielding us all from the shocking spelling error. We have delicate sensibilities.

      Delete
  3. I agree with Sue. What a sweet dad. Oscar is very handsome!
    I hope this day passes without too much heartache, Ginnie. Best to you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fabulous reminder of what a father's love can be. (JJ)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah. How wonderful. Oscar makes a wonderful Valentine, even if he is a dog. Come to think of it, maybe you need a goat. We can be quite valentinish - especially when Peanuts are involved. I'm just sayin' ...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you!